Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oh Music...where would I be without you??

I love music. How such a beautiful thing comes from such a vicious industry I have no idea. I know being an artist seems like the perfect life but as the saying goes "all that glitters isnt gold." That makes me sad becasue I used to dream of being a superstar (Beyonce/Oprah). I have come to grips with the fact that its harder than it looks.

The constant traveling, the never ending demand for new material, delaing with the public? All of these things I can imagine take a toll on one person. Much power to the individual performer.

On the other hand I think I could see why one would put up with such a demanding career. Music relates to everything in life. Music is therapy and its inspiration. Imagine how you felt when you lost your favorite cd. That feeling is not just how you feel when you lose things. That feeling is how you feel when you have lost a part of you. That cd was more than just a disk. It was your shoulder to cry on when you broke up with Billy; It was your life's soundtrack.

So in choosing such a tedious road, you are doing more thanjust doing what you love, you are making millions of friends around the world. You are helping someone get through a tough situation. You are filling that void for someone out there.

Artists of the world, I commend you. Thank you for making me believe that it really was his fault (I shoulda Cheated- Keyshia Cole). Thank you for making me proud to be a woman and glad im not a man (Single Ladies-Beyonce). Thank you for reminding that it is going to be okay at the end of the day (Lyfe 268-192(album)-Lyfe Jennings). You guys are awesomelicious. (*v*)

No comments:

Post a Comment