Monday, April 13, 2009

I Don't Remember....


Ok so...R&B "singer" Ciara is planning her release of "Fanatsy Ride" May 5th. Thats great for her becasue she's been out of the scene for a minute since "get up" and "like a boy". Now people go on for days about how shes manly looking or what have you. Thats not my issue. I think that Ciara is a beautiful young lady. I pay more attention to singing and lyrics, if anything.

If you have read my last post you know that I looooove music. I listen to lyrics just as much as I listen out for whether or not the artist is doing something spectacular vocally. I must say that Ciara is not as bad as Ashanti but I have yet to hear her really siiiiiiing. She seems to live in the wisper world, where her good looks and crazy dance moves can get her by. Thats fine. And shes also had some nice collabos recently like "Never Ever" featuring Young Jeezy and "Love and Sex and Magic" feat. Justin Timberlake. Those are great, well "never Ever" isn't my favorite but whatever. Collabos like these are great for artists like Ciara. But im skeptical about the album coming up.

You're probably asking, "ok...whats your point Breezy gosh I dont have all day I gotta send out my taxes..." Being a stikler for lyrics I couldnt help but notice a song of hers called "I dont remember". I dont believe its on her album and that was a smart move. Its an okay song but its just...not cutting it for me. Its very repetitive (As are many songs nowadays). I dont know, maybe im just being harsh but im just not feeling the magic with this record.

"What did I say...to him last night I can't feel face, trynna focus but my mind ain't right I remember the party, the DJ, my homies, my man and me But the rest of it's blurry, Something I did made my baby go away. Got the same clothes on today That I had on yesterday What did I do, what I say Man I don't remember Guess I had to much to drink 'Cause I don't remember "
(for full lyrics visit http://www.metrolyrics.com/dont-remember-lyrics-ciara.html)

"Get Up" made me want to well...get up! (lol) "One, Two Step" had me moving, it had everybody moving. "Just Can't Leave Him Alone" made me miss my boo boo. You know how that song "Blame It" by Jamie Foxx makes you want to go out and get twisted just so you can have a reason to act a fool and sing the song? Yea well "Don't Remember" doesnt make me wana go out and drink so much that I black out. Im just saying. Better luck next time Ci Ci. Love Y'all (*v*)

No comments:

Post a Comment